Sharing posts on Social Media
When I started this blog in 2017 I was looking for a plugin to share my posts and pages on social networks that didn’t affect my website load time. I try some of them, including the popular ones, but none met my requirements.
These are the reasons why I didn’t use any plugins I found in the WordPress directory:
- Plugin size: Some of them shipped with folders that contained images and files that I didn’t need just for sharing a post on a social network.
- Lack of buttons: Although most of them offered sharing support for the main social networks, I missed some important ones like WhatsApp.
- Ads: Even though some of them claim to be free, they are not and include really annoying ads and reminders. You must pay for the complete version.
- Complexity: I like a plugin to share a post to be simple and easy to use.
- Coding, database: I noticed that most plugins author don’t care about removing the database records after the uninstallation. That is, you will have store all the plugins options unless you remove it manually. This might be OK for some plugins, but for such a simple plugin like this, I want them to let the database like it was before installing it. Also, some of them create new tables in the database!
- Look and feel: The plugins that met the requirements I needed came with ugly buttons, with no customization.
That’s why I decided to create and use a new one: JC Social Sharing.
JC Social Sharing
This is a plugin «Made in Spain», so it’s available in English and Spanish. I uploaded a few days ago to the WordPress directory.
It’s a simple and lightweight plugin who meets the requirements I commented above. You are free to download it and give it a try. I think you will like it if you are looking for a simple and secure plugin to add sharing buttons.
IIf you want to get more traffic to your website, I encorauge you again to try it. If you like it you can rate it in the WordPress directory. You can also contact me either if you see something wrong, you have any suggestions, or just want to say samething related to the plugin. Hope it is useful 🙂
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Link to the DM Sharing Demo Page.